Stephanie is a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST) through Safe Kids Worldwide (the only certifying body for CPSTs).
95% of car seats are installed/used incorrectly.
Are you sure your child is in the safe 5%?
Benefits of personalized car seat check with Stephanie:
- Come to your home/chosen location at a convenient time to you*
- At your location so you don’t have to juggle going in public with littles in tow
- Personalized check to your own car and your specific car seat
- Time allowed for questions and answers
- Work with a mom (me!) who has been in your exact same situation
- Follow up questions and information as desired
- Discounted follow up for returning families as new car seats are purchased
- Unlimited email follow up for troubleshooting, questions, information.
Who should have their car seat checked?
- New parents
- Experienced parents
- Other caregivers (nanny, baby-sitter, aunt, uncle)
- Anyone that transports children under 13 in their car
Newborn Personalized Car Seat In Depth Education and Check Session Pricing:
$45/first seat, $5 each additional seat/base in same family
Personalized Car Seat Education and Check Session Pricing:
$35/first seat, $10 each additional seat/base in same family
Get new seats? New car?
Repeat customers receive a discount ($25/first seat, $10 each additional seat in same family)
$25/seat (4 seat minimum)
Gather a group of at least 4 friends who all want to keep their kids safer in the car. Set aside at least 2 hours. Kids can play/moms can chat while we do the checks one family at a time.
Large Group Car Seat Presentation
$150 for a one hour presentation (including booklet and handouts)
Perfect for birth groups, daycares, camps, and other organizations. For NFP organizations, please contact me.
Please contact me for concerns with financial assistance.
**fee is waived for teen parents (under 20)
*within 10 miles of Bartlett, IL (beyond 10 miles is $1/mile travel fee)
What to expect at a car seat check:
We will start with an educatoin session in your home. We will discuss general safety recommendations and also discuss your specific seat. If it is new/not installed yet, we will look at the seat in your house. Expecting parents can practice buckling in a demo doll into their seat. Next we will go to the car. I will show you how to install the seat correctly. Then you will install it to ensure you are comfortable with putting it in correctly and safely. We will look at all applicable installation methods. Lastly, you will put your child in the seat and we will ensure he/she is being buckled in the seat correctly and all of the proper adjustments are made.
Before I come, I need to know the age of your child, stats of your child (weight/height/percentiles), make/model/year of your car, and make/model/year of your car seat.
When we put the car seat in, it needs to be on a flat surface. If your driveway is on a slape, we can do it in the garage or on the street.
Stephanie discussing car seats as the CPST at MommyCon Chicago 2016